For duck confit
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoon of any herbs you have on hand. I like rosemary and parsley for this.
Optional: Grated parmigiano-reggiano. Buzza prefers it without the cheese.
- Prepare duck confit according to recipe.
- When duck is done, remove the skin and chop into small pieces. Shred the rest of the meat.
- You can reserve the bone by freezing them. Make broth with it when you have enough.
- Boil the pasta according to direction.
- When the pasta is about 2 minutes from done, saute the garlic and herbs in a couple tablespoons of duck fat.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add pasta and duck meat to the pan and sautee for a minute or two until the pasta is coated.