2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 large artichokes, cleaned and sliced into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup of white wine
1 16 ounce can of San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon pepper
More salt & pepper to taste
5 basil leaves, chiffonade
shaved parmesan to top
- Sautee onion, garlic in a medium size pot until brown. About 5-8 minutes
- Add artichokes, continue to cook until slightly brown. About 5 minutes.
- Add wine, cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
- Add salt, pepper and tomatoes. Crush the tomatoes with your hands, or with a back of a wooden spoon. Be careful, it'll squirt!
- Bring the sugo to a gentle simmer and leave the pot uncovered.
- Cook until the sugo is thickened, most of the liquid is evaporated and all the ingredients are soft. About 30 minutes. Continue to adjust flavor with salt/pepper.
- Toss with pasta, top with parmesan.