No way! This is kind of a two part recipe; the second recipe will involve, surprise...artichokes!
I love tomatoes year round, too bad they're not sweet year round. Before Summer tomatoes come in, you can slow roast tomatoes to enhance their natural sweetness.
You can eat this as a side dish, or with crusty bread as an appetizer.
1 cluster of tomatoes, at least one per person
a few cloves of garlic
2 twigs of rosemary
fresh ground black pepper
a few tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry tomatoes, place in a small baking dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with a generous amount of sea salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary and garlic to the dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. You don't have to worry about coating the bottom of the pan, the oil will spread around as it bakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425F, then turn down the oven to 350F. Bake for another hour.
- Let bake and transfer to a serving dish with half of the juices. Save the other half (about a cup) for the next recipe.