Ingredients, 8 large pockets
1 package of frozen puff pastry (2 pie circles)
1/2 cup of your favorite jam
1 egg white + 1 teaspoon of water, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon of water
- Preheat the oven according to the puff pastry package instruction. Some require 350F, others 400F.
- Working with slightly thawed pastry circles, cut each into quarters. You don't want the dough to be completely thawed, as it becomes too tacky and is too hard to work with.
- Fill each quarter with a tablespoon of jam, fold over int a triangle.
- Use a fork to press the edges. You'll end up with a pretty pattern as well.
- Using the fork, poke a few holes on the top of the pockets. This will help air escape and prevent the jammy mess, as depicted in the picture.
- Brush the top of each pocket with the egg wash.
- Bake, cool and enjoy. The jam inside is reallly, really hot, so give it some time.
- Freeze the unbaked pockets for another day. It helps to separate them with wax or parchment paper.